Friday, October 14, 2011

that's mama clean to you!

 Hi all thank you for joining me on my very first installment of mamaclean, my mister clean alternative, cause, let's be real, there are no misters out there cleaning your houses. Today I'm gonna tell you guys a few super simple bathroom cleaning tips that WORK! and they're all done with stuff you already have lying around.


For your toilets, don't use harsh smelling chemicals that can make you feel woosy let alone be hazardous inhalants for any lil ones you have in the house, instead, take two or more (I use three) denture tablets and drop them in overnight. Here's where some of you will not want to try this, using rubber gloves, take a scrubby sponge and scrub the inside of the toilet, flush and after the water has settled, take windex, spray your toilet bowl and wipe with a paper towel or regular towel, your toilet will look and smell amazing (if only temporarily)

for your bathroom sink, if you're doing a first time real cleaning do a hot water/bleach soak for about 30 min to sanitize and clean if it's already pretty clean simply use a little baking soda and water paste to scrub the grime off and rinse, then follow up with windex and a paper towel and your sink will shine like a diamond. the picture is my kitchen sink but it's still super shiny!





here's the biggest hint of all, windex is simply ammonia with coloring and scent modifiers, so you can use it on EVERYTHING!!!! from your counters to you table to your stainless steel appliances, windex is a go to cleaner, if you want to be super frugal you can go down and buy a big bottle of ammonia for the same price as name brand windex but it's twice the size you can even use ammonia in your laundry!!!!! join me tomorrow for the dreaded bathroom part two!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey all, I am a young mom of one for now, who is a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and better yet I love to organize and clean with stuff I already have in my house! I am the wife to an amazing husband and the mom to an amazing son and the maid to a pretty awesome lil apartment!!!

Tweet tweet!!!