Friday, November 11, 2011

FEATURE WRITER: Belinda from This Vintage Mommy

today I have a contributing writer, a fellow mom, and a very busy bee. Belinda owns her own home business: this vintage mommy, and she is an amazing mommy as well as being amazingly creative, but more than that, she also has a home to clean, so she's here to share how she does it

My name is Belinda and I’m the owner of This Vintage Mommy. I’m a WAHM with two little troublemakers, a 20 month old and a 2 month old. Some days I don’t know what I was thinking! My son Ellis can stir up a mess just in the time it takes for me to brush my teeth! How do I keep my sanity, orders flowing out on time, and the house clean for my family? I’ll let you in on my little secret: 15-minute sessions.
You would be surprised what you could get done in just 15 minutes when you push yourself! Three times a day I set the timer on my phone and get as much done as I can. At noon it’s picking up toys and throwing laundry in the wash (I have to do at least two loads a day otherwise we’ll have a serious problem, but that’s a whole other monster!) I always ask my husband to give me a thirty-minute warning before he walks in the door at night. This is where the two other sessions come in. The first session is for trying to get as much sewing done as possible! The second session is for the dishes that inevitably pile up during the day, picking up toys (again!), and vacuuming. I am a firm believer that a vacuumed room looks clean every time, even if I couldn’t pick up all the clutter. With these sessions, my house isn’t impeccable. I don’t think there’s a mother out there with a perfect house! But, it is ready for guests within a half hour every time. I still have to clean the house once a week- but it makes cleaning that much faster so my son has a fresh slate to “redecorate”.


Readers can order a custom clutch for 20% off until December 2nd. They will need to write my secret (15 minute sessions!) in the notes of their purchase so I know they are your reader ☺


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey all, I am a young mom of one for now, who is a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and better yet I love to organize and clean with stuff I already have in my house! I am the wife to an amazing husband and the mom to an amazing son and the maid to a pretty awesome lil apartment!!!

Tweet tweet!!!