Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Oh christmas tree fake christmas tree, how dusty are your branches!!!

I don't know about you, but in a small apartment with a baby and a dog, getting a real Christmas tree every year (along with the hauling it up and down the stairs) just isn't a financial sound or clean option. so we, like many families, have an artificial tree. As the end of the week approaches and the first day of December (which is the first day the hubby will let me bust out the many items we own to deck the halls) I want to fill you all in on how this clean mama cleans the fake tree.

Turns out, there are several ways to clean a tree (who knew?)

first of all you can vacuum it, which I like because it sounds quick and simple

simply use the hose with the upholstery brush. put a sheet around the bottom of the tree to catch any falling dirts. Hold the brush  1 or 2 inches away from the needles, vacuum the tree. Begin at the top, work your way around the top section and then move down to next set of branches. If your vacuum cleaner is a smaller model, you might be able to brush the branches without damaging the tree. When you've vacuumed the branches, move on to the trunk and base. Once you've cleaned the trunk, turn off the vacuum and carefully remove the sheet from beneath the tree.Take and shake outside!

the second most popular way is to blow it clean with a blow dryer on the cool setting, use a sheet around the bottom as stated above or take it outside and just blow the dust away! simple

third and the one I wont do but you can is to take a cloth and spray it with a 1:10 soap and water ratio solution (ie: 1tbs soap to ten tbs water) and then wipe down the tree and go over again with a clean damp cloth.

so there you have it, may your tree be merry and shiny clean and bright.

happy cleaning and happy holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey all, I am a young mom of one for now, who is a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and better yet I love to organize and clean with stuff I already have in my house! I am the wife to an amazing husband and the mom to an amazing son and the maid to a pretty awesome lil apartment!!!

Tweet tweet!!!